Protect Your Investment by Inspecting Your Crawlspace
Over time crawlspaces need maintenance.
Crawl Spaces in Fairfield County
Many homes in southwest Connecticut are built on crawlspaces. Snow load, water runoff, and rising water tables need to be dealt with to maintain your property.
If maintained properly, crawlspaces have advantages over other types of construction.
• It gets the house above the ground, an important point in damp areas.
• It is less expensive than a basement, and comparable to the price of a slab foundation.
• Duct work, plumbing, and electrical can run in the crawl space, which makes them easier to service, and move if necessary.
Items to inspect for are:
• Standing water on top of vapor barrier.
• Condensation or leaks on water pipes or ductwork.
• Muddy soil.
• Staining on walls from water or efflorescence.
• Sagging or missing insulation.
• Plumbing leaks.
• Musty/moldy or foul odors.
• Deteriorated vapor barrier.
If mold is found anywhere in your crawlspace, call SERVPRO of Stamford to make it like it never even happened.