Stamford Fire: Part 1
Recently, a family home on Underhill St, Stamford CT, went from the bottom up in flames. The first dispatched firefighters arrived to see dark smoke rising from the home. However, even when the total of four firetrucks and 30 firemen were at the scene, they were prohibited to enter the home due to dangerous electrical complications. It was stated that the fire had initiated from the basement and was possibly caused by a faulty electrical panel. The fire spread through the walls of both the second and third floor doing irreparable damage. After the electricity of the home was disconnected by a power company, the firefighters proceeded their fight to eradicate the growing fire.
Most of the damage harmed only the home; However, both a resident and a firemen were transported to the hospital and released later with no serious injuries.
SERVPRO was at the scene while the fire began to dwindle. Offering our best service and consolation to the family that had been displaced from their home. After consulting and conversing an overview of our procedure and any questions they may have had, our crew was ready for their cue to be at the scene to begin clean up. On arrival, the SERVPRO crew began their course of action for board up. A total of 13 sheets of plywood were required to cover the combination of doors and windows that were lost or damaged in the fire.