Fire Aftermath In A Stamford Home
Recently, a small kitchen fire broke out in a Stamford home due to a pan on the stovetop being left unattended. The fire was small enough not to cause extensive damage, but significant enough to require fire department assistance.
The fire department responded quickly, as was able to put the flames out in a matter of minutes. But the homeowners were surprised at the resulting damage. What many people don't realize is that in order to extinguish fires, hundreds of gallons of water are used, which causes water damage in the home. This can be true for even a small kitchen fire such as this.
SERVPRO of Stamford was called in to remediate both the fire damage, and the water damage from the firefighting efforts. We used safe cleaning solutions to remove odor and discoloration from the walls and ceiling. Because the water had pooled on the floor, we extracted the water and removed a portion of the drywall to ensure that proper drying would occur within.
The moisture level returned to normal levels after a few days, and the homeowner was pleased with our work!
It is important to contact a fire damage restoration professional as soon as the fire is over to help limit and remediate the damage. SERVPRO of Stamford has over 30 years of experience working with people who have had fire damage to their property. If you have any type of fire or smoke damage, call us immediately at 203.324.1642.