The Best Winter Storm Defense Is Being Prepared
While Fairfield County has experienced somewhat of a mild winter, a winter storm can still happen at any time. A winter storm can cause damage of many kinds. Freezing temperatures, heavy snow, and ice buildup are all things that can wreak havoc on your home. But you can prepare beforehand to minimize the damage that you and your home are susceptible to. Use the following tips to be prepared:
- Maintain your furnace, which will lower your chance of a puffback.
- Make sure your gutters are clear of debris like leaves and sticks. This can cause ice damming when it clings to objects in the gutters. Damming can cause your gutters to fall down or cause water to run back into your house.
- Allow air to circulate around your pipes by leaving cabinet doors ajar.
- Let your kitchen faucet and shower drip. While annoying, it can mean the difference between a pipe bursting or not.
- Consider having your pipes insulated.
When a winter storm occurs, be prepared for the worst. In the event that preparation does not fully protect you from mother nature, SERVPRO of Stamford is here for you. When response time is critical, we promise to be on scene as soon as possible. With 24/7 service available, we can make that happen. Call us at 203.324.1642 in an emergency, or to learn more about our services.