A New Year’s Resolution That Matters
It’s a new year, which means many of us are trying our best to stick to our New Year’s resolutions. Whether you want to eat better, lose weight, or read more, resolutions are often tough to maintain. But SERVPRO of Stamford encourages you to make a change that doesn't take a long time, and is relatively easy. Make a fire escape plan for your family. You can find resources online, but here are the main things to focus on:
- Make a fire escape plan, complete with a map of your house, and the best ways out of every area. It is important to include children so that they know what to do.
- Work with your children on proper safety maneuvers.
- Stop, drop, and roll
- Staying low to avoid smoke
- Using a pillow or clothing to cover your face, to prevent smoke inhalation
- You may be displaced for a while, and will need essential items. Make a fire emergency kit with these items for afterwards. You can keep these in your car so they will be available outside the home. You can find more info at ready.gov.
If you experience any fire in your home, get your family to safety as soon as possible. Once everyone is out, call SERVPRO of Stamford. We have the knowledge and specialized tools to remediate the damage.