Power Surges And Electrical Fires
A power surge is a spike in your structure's electrical flow that is generally very rapid - about half a second. The extra power flow is quick, but it can harm large and small electrical devices alike. In extraordinary cases, a power surge can even cause sparks that can lead to a fire.
A number of different things can cause such electrical spikes to occur:
You have an extensive network of wiring throughout your Norwalk home or business. If a portion of that wiring is faulty, or under-installed, it is more likely to cause issues surrounding a power surge. Older homes and buildings are even more at risk for this type of electrical fire. If you own an older home, make sure that all of your wiring is up to date and installed properly.
Even a small bolt of lightning carries more than enough electrical power to overrun your electrician system and network of appliances.In the event of a heavy storm, be attentive to appliances that make noises or strange odors.
Household Power Fluctuations
We all have larger appliances such as generators, central air systems, and air conditioning units. When these either power on or off, the change in flow of power can cause a short circuit that can produce sparks.
Use this information to guard yourself against fires that can result from electrical overflows. If you do suffer a fire, call SERVPRO of Stamford. We have the knowledge and specialized tools to remediate the damage.